Subject: Pitch Development & Maintenance Seminar!
Date: Thursday 6th March 2014
Venue: (The Theatre-Room1000) GMIT Dublin Rd., Galway
1. John O’Sullivan (Turf Grass Advisor) - Pitch Maintenance
· Turfgrass Species
· Mowing height and Frequency
2. Colman Warde (Everris)
Nutrition & the Benefits of Turf Grass specific Fertilisers
· Types of Fertiliser – Slow Release & Controlled release fertiliser – what’s the best option for your pitch?
· What to know before purchasing a fertiliser?
· Timings of fertilisers – When to apply?
· Plant growth Regulators – Should you be using these on your pitch?
3. John O’Sullivan (Turf Grass Advisor)
· New Pitch Construction Techniques and Specifications
· Questions & Answer Session
Note: It is also planned to have a couple of contractors there to show visitors some of the equipment involved in Pitch maintenance.
Any Club Officer or members interested are very welcome to attend on Thursday 6th March, 2014, starting at 7pm in The Theatre, GMIT, Dublin Road, Galway.